KANE SHANNON WEILER CAN ADVISE EMPLOYERS ON UNION MATTERS
Michael J. Weiler joined the KSW Employment and Labour Group on October 1st 2019 as a senior member. Mike has 40+ years’ experience in dealing with union matters under the Code as well as the Canada Labour Code. Michael and Jesse Dunning will be able to provide union and non-union employers with advice and representation:
- Advising on strategies that recognize the value of your employees and arranging your business to ensure a union does not get a toe-hold
- Planning for recent changes in labour laws
- Defeating union organizing drives and applications for certification of your employees
- Defending clients charged with unfair labour practices
- Applying for the necessary relief from picketing or strikes
- Acting as spokesperson for employers in collective bargaining
- Advising how to successfully operate in a union environment
- Representing employers in arbitration and mediation
- Changes to the certification process that make it much easier for unions to certify employers.
- The expedited process for certification which will limit employers’ ability to influence its employees and properly respond to a certification application.
- The changes to the successorship provisions where employers contract out services and then re-tender the contracts (applying to both union and non-union employers).
Ready to find out more?
Join Michael and Jesse on October 30, 2019!
contact our team of employment & labour lawyers
Contact our firm at 604-591-7321, 877-738-3797 (toll free), or 604 336 7423 (Vancouver), or email us to schedule a consultation to discuss your labour law needs with an experienced lawyer. Our Employment & Labour Group lawyers include Chris D. Drinovz, Michael Weiler, Melanie Booth and Jesse Dunning.